Sunday, May 4, 2008

engagement bonsai

Hello world,

I'm not much of a blogger so I've been letting Elaine do all the 'net talking. Much prodding later, I'm finally writing a post.

As you all know Elaine and I are a bit non-traditional. I've been getting many requests to see the engagement ring, which doesn't exist. Elaine and I aren't really ring people so we've been trying to come up with a non-ring alternative and we've found it! A bonsai!

(Image is CC licensed and borrowed from ak37's Flickr)

A bonsai has many benefits that match or best a ring:
  • They last a long time, the oldest living bonsai trees are 400-800 years old!
  • They grow and change over time, just like a relationship.
  • You don't have to wear it!
  • It looks nice and attracts conversation
Bonsai!

James.

No comments: